Adsense

Monday, December 17, 2012

Nations Cup is ours .... Ike Uche




Super Eagles striker, Ikechukwu Uche has expressed his excitement of playing in next month’s Africa Cup of Nations tournament in South Africa.
Speaking on Villareal’s official website on Monday, the striker, who played a key role in Nigeria's qualification to the tournament, noted that the idea of playing in the African Nations Cup is number one on his mind and he feels every other African player craves for the tournament.
“I am very excited about the Africa Cup and I think if all goes well it is the maximum for every African player,” he stated.
Stand-in
The Nigerian also believes any player make the Super Eagles squad will perform well.
“For now I'm happy and I know that whoever that will make Super Eagles final squad to the competition will do well.
“It is a game and I will support in everything I can to make sure Nigeria get a good outing.”
Personal target
The 28-year old striker also disclosed that he intends to play well in Villareal’s remaining segunda Division fixture as that could determine his inclusion in the Nations Cup squad for Nigeria.
“Knowing it's the last game before the African Cup, I will have to go all out and play well to get the three points for my club and set sight on making the Nations Cup squad.
“We do not think about being first, second or whatever but to win and keep engaged with the upper teams. Then we'll see if we are above or below, but the important thing is to keep winning,” the striker concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment